Friday 14 March 2014

A Bucket List - Beastmen Barmy Army

What Next?
So I've not been tempted by the Dwarfs, for a variety of different reasons, and I realised that if I poured my heart into a new army I'd neglect my Beastmen due to time issues - and this shouldn't be allowed to happen!

To counteract this, I've made a few decisions of how I'm going to move this army forward, and devised a Hobby Bucket List to improve my dastardly Beastmen...

So here it is:



  1. Re-Base The Entire Army - Some of you may have noticed my efforts to get the entire army re-based. I've moved away from the awful brown autumnal theme and gone for a rugid winter theme using Icicles, Snow and Grass Tufts. However I've still got a lot of Gors to do - all 80 of them...
  2. Unit Fillers - I've always toyed with the idea of doing something to make the units look a bit more interesting, however I've never got around to it. So it's time to get something built up, I've got some ideas like using Citadel trees and making some Herdstone style pieces to fill gaps and give a bit of height to the units that are currently a bit stale.
  3. Terrain - As well as making some Unit Fillers I'm going to make a whole tables worth of 'themed terrain' these will look similar to the unit fillers. The main concept is to make it look like a wintry forest that the Beastmen have lived in for hundreds of years, perhaps hoof marks in an icy bog, or bloodied markings on dead trees etc.
  4. Get Stuff That I Don't Have - I want to expand the collection, the main candidates will be a unit of Centigors alongside Ghorros Warhoof, a Cygor and a Giant. However I've been looking at purchasing a few other items for friendly games, mainly the Skin Wolves for a bit of fun, but primarily I've been toying with the idea of adding Dragon Ogres to my army. All for fun, just to simply spruce the army up a bit.
  5. Play More Games - I've only played 2 games this year, and my hobby panes have been growing recently so I want to at least play 2-3 times a month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment